Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bla bla bla

Typing furtively while Addie naps...a dangerous process considering she sleeps so lightly a butterfly farting in Brazil would wake her up.  Oooh Mama's feeling FRISKY on a rainy Thursday afternoon.  

1.  Adele's language skills have exploded over the past couple of days...she's been busy busting out with a bunch of brand new words.  
Among her repertoire:  "Chat" (cat), "Dodo" (nap), "Agneau" (lamb), and "chapeau" (hat).   Her verbal English is lagging a little, but her comprehension seems to be on par with the French.  So whatevah...I'm sure she'll soon be disagreeing with me in both official languages.  She can say "book" and locate her nose in English - really, what more does a kid need?
 
2.  HOLY HANNAH, was Eva in a shite mood yesterday.  Normally she's a pretty happy kid but yesterday she was a giant black thunderstorm sent by the forces of evil, vomiting misery and doom everywhere she went.  
NO idea what got into her but here was her first interaction with her dad in the morning (note - his tone is calm and friendly, hers LOUD and WHINY):  

Etienne:  "Good morning!"

Eva:  "Papa!  STOP TURNING ON THE LIGHTS!!!  It hurts my EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES." - then she flings herself dramatically on the couch, moaning loudly.

No idea where the spontaneous severe photosensitivity came from, but it soon led to this cheery exchange:

Etienne:  "You have Judo tonight after school!"

Eva (whining more and more loudly):  "ARGH.  I have judo one night.  I have chess one night.  I have judo one night.  I have chess one night.  QUIT TELLING ME THAT.  IT'S NOT NICE, PAPA"

Later her crummy attitude and SAUCY MOUTH earned her a one-way trip to bed right after dinner.  Hate when we have to be the bad cop.    Hate, hate.  She spends most of the day at school...and then when we finally get to see her, it's cut short because she's so freaking miserable.  Grrr.

3.  When she's not busy spewing black goopy hatred all over us, Eva has been drawing like a FIEND and writing "LIAM" and "LILI" all over her artwork.   She also likes to draw thought bubbles over Liam and Lili.  No clue who the hell Liam and Lili are - kids in her class?  Am I a bad mother for not knowing the names of every kid in the class?
Anyway,  all the thought bubbles read, "bla bla bla".    So we now have stacks upon stacks of drawings of people named Liam and Lili saying, "bla bla bla" back and forth to one another.  Not sure if they ever say anything else, but they sure say a lot of "bla bla bla"   I suspect Liam and Lili may be politicians.

4.  Eva came home after having a substitute teacher for the day at school.  
Eva:  "She has five fingers on one hand and only three on the other.  She was born that way."  

Me:  "Oh really?"  

Eva: "Yeah, but she's SO LUCKY.  Like if she wants to count to three, all she has to do is (raises three fingers on one hand) go ONE TWO THREE.  The rest of us have FIVE"

Well, of course - I know I find those two gratuitous fingers on the left hand to be SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS when I'm trying to count.


5.  Chopped off the tip of my thumb yesterday while cutting spinach.  And I mean CHOPPED OFF.  I actually located the tip and had to throw a piece of myself in the garbage.  Eva was suitably impressed.  And NO, I did not cry.  


Uh oh...I think I hear the rumbling of a 20 pound maggot.

Apparently, a butterfly just farted in Brazil.    



No comments: