2. Went shopping for bathing suits yesterday with Eva.
She felt verrrry strongly about getting a sparkly, spangly little bikini, the top of which required a magnifying glass to see. It was virtually pasties tied together with a string.
I wound up pulling out my Amish hat and forcing her to get a "tankini"...still a two-piece, still very cute, but which does not make her look like a six-year-old hooker.
Anyway, we were wandering about in the bathing suit section and my own suit is getting a bit stretched...so I did a quick check for myself, too.
Which turned Eva into freaking Anna Wintour.
"No, Mama. Don't pick that one. IT'S TOO BEAUTIFUL"
Then she pulled out a brown number with huge boobs cut into the front.
"How about this one? Yeah, it's good for you."
Kid, LET ME REMIND YOU that my body looks like this
BECAUSE IT GREW YOU THEN EXPELLED YOU.
3. Was playing with Addie at the park on Saturday, when a mom and grandma came along, pushing a stroller with a baby in it - I would guess around 10 months old or so.
Anyway, Adele loves babies and toddled over to say hello.
There was a yellow dangly banana toy attached to side of the stroller, and Addie giggled and reached for it.
I could not believe the speed at which that mother snatched it out of Addie's hands and hid it under her arm. She was so violent in removing it, Adele almost keeled over from loss of balance.
Um...I hate to break it to you, lady...but before you put those Ebola fears to rest...
That swing your child is in?
MINE WAS JUST IN IT.
Muahahahaaa
4. Made brownies with a six year old and a 22-month-old the other night.
Never.
Again.
The above photo was taken JUST BEFORE I shut it down just to stop the whining, screaming, pulling, complaining, whacking of spoons, and gnashing of teeth.
And hey, while we're at it, here's some more of that whining, screaming, pulling, complaining, and gnashing of teeth that seems to accompany virtually every moment they share.
Aren't they lovely?
Yeah.
I think so, too.
1 comment:
Ohhhh, that expression is priceless!
I love love love the brown bathing suit suggestion. NICE. We are thinking along the same lines lately...
:-)
Post a Comment