We had a marvellous, sweet, quiet day.
We went to the park in the morning...Etienne and I hugging our coffees while the girls climbed and crawled and jumped and dug in the sand with chilly little fingers. I pushed Addie in the swing FOREVER - she screamed "FIRE!!!!" whenever her momentum started to drop. I kept trying to explain that the word is actually "HIGHER" but she never quite got it.
This afternoon, the three girls in the house NAPPED (woo hoo!) while Etienne went off on his own for a bit.
And then our awesome dinner...turkey roast, homemade cranberry-orange sauce, mashed potatoes, and maple-glazed brussels sprouts. Everything was easy peasey to cook...but FREAKING DELICIOUS. We didn't really have much by way of dessert, although I'd made applesauce earlier in the day and that was enough to satisfy Evita's sweet tooth.
It really was a wonderful, quiet day...I think we all needed a day at home with no obligations and no commitments...nothing major to do...leftovers in the fridge for lunch...supper all planned and easy enough to put together. We toasted the holiday with glasses of wine (E and I) and apple juice (the girls).
Really lovely.
Really lucky.
Really thankful.
1 comment:
oh please, a recipe for maple-glazed brussel sprouts? I'd love it! Going to the in-laws for our thanksgiving next month, but would love a quiet day at home like that. nice.
Post a Comment