Saturday, November 29, 2008

Time to work on that English...

1.  Recently, the girls' dad had to go to a conference in Poland.
The flight over involved a couple of stops.

So Eva woke up the morning after Etienne left, and said, "Where is Papa now?"

I said: "Probably at the airport in London"

Eva:  "One day, I really want to go to Angleterria"

YOU MEAN ENGLAND, MY CHILD???  
THE BIRTHPLACE OF YOUR (other) MOTHER TONGUE???


2.  Eva's friends' teeth are falling out all over the place.  I swear, it's like you gathered all those trolls together and dumped a box of Chiclets on the floor.  Teeth are falling like rain. 
 Anyway, Eva is JEALOUS of all of this, because her teeth are still solidly stuck in her head.

Eva:  "I don't have any teeth that fell out.  But I do have one that is TREMBLING".


3.  Also worthy of note - today Addie said, "BANANA" clear as a bell.  

4.  Remind me never, ever to take a 5 year old and a tired one year old to eat in a restaurant around naptime.  We just got back, and I feel like a truck ran over me.  Then backed up and ran over me again.  I think I have eggs in my hair.

If I ever want to do it again, SMACK ME DOWN, FAST AND HARD.




1 comment:

Kulio said...

hee...Chiclets :-)

I have to say, bilingual children are way cool.