Thursday, March 19, 2009

Randomness

1.  Went to pick up Eva yesterday...bright, sunshine-y day.  She was out in the yard of the school, rerouting rivers of water and melting snow through the mud, looking somewhat clownish with her bright pink rubber boots and bright green raincoat.  She'd worn her AWFUL pink pants that SHE LOVES (I bought them in a second-hand store for playing outside but she likes them more than anything else she owns) and was just full of colour, bounce, sweat, and messiness.  
Sometimes she's so beautiful, it takes my breath away.  

2.  That "takes my breath away part" is happening more and more in recent days because cold season is over.  I love my child but even I recognize how disgusting she looks with a crust of snot under her nose...and that's pretty much her permanent state of being in winter.  No matter how much I wipe, I still look like a mom who doesn't care.  So I try not to care.  But it's hard, when a big blob of dark green is constantly hanging off your kid's face.

3.  Adder has started stringing words together.  Most have to do with the cat.  "Chat dehors" is a popular one.  "Hello, le chat" is another.  "Oh le chat" is pretty much her mantra now.  She is adding a few more phrases to her repertoire: this morning she woke up and shouted, "I DONE.  I DONE.  I DONE." with the force of a 747 jet breaking the sound barrier.  

4.  Eva said yesterday that a police officer had come to talk to the kids at school about safety issues.  You know, not taking candy from strangers unless they offer you a ride...that sort of thing.  Afterwards, she said, "his French was good but he was orange.  I think he's from RAMONIA".  That's reassuring...an orange man from an imaginary country giving my child safety tips.  I knew her school was progressive but WTF???





2 comments:

Michelle said...

The "Orange Man" - this will be as much a memory for Eva as a certain Constable B........... who arrived with the "drug kit" to the school library for our lesson.
So fun.

Kulio said...

mmm, the crusty booger nose was SO well descripted (is that a word?). Love it when they learn to blow. sigh....
:-)