Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thank you/ Merci

For some reason, I seem to recall smiling at an American Express ad involving Tina Fey.

She had been asked her biggest accomplishment and she said, "my daughter says please and thank you".

I thought it was rather cute.

And I do - to an extent - agree with her.

Polite kids are a worthy goal.

I love that at Eva's last parent-teacher meeting, the teacher told us that Eva might have trouble keeping her ass in her chair, but she is always polite.

And I loved it last night when Addie - at 21 months - said, "merci de l'eau, mama" when I gave her a sippy cup of water.

They may be a bit loud...a bit rambunctious...their noses may run constantly, and they may fart a lot. We're working on all that.

But dammit, they're polite!

2 comments:

Kulio said...

and it will take them far - good manners go a long way in this world :-) congrats!

Michelle said...

I can confirm: your kids are polite and I don't find them too boogery or farty. So, that's all good.