Last night was ROUGH.
9:00...on my way to bed....tired...thinking it's going to be a long night because Eva's coughing..always a bad sign. Then Evita stops by the bathroom hugging a full Tupperware container of orange-ish puke. Clean her up, clean it up, feed her a bowl of Life cereal (hard to sleep on an empty belly)...brush teeth, off to bed.
9:30...oh sweet blessed bed. Alarm rings in six hours, exactly...but that's enough to get me through tomorrow. Clean, fresh, 400-thread-count cotton sheets....bliss.
9:30-2am...Eva coughs. And coughs. And coughs. Etienne and I don't sleep much...too hard with our sweet little one hacking and hacking and hacking. Poor kid.
2:15 am...The inevitable happens. Eva pukes. All over her bed. Etienne - bless my beautiful, wonderful husband - gets up with her. She vomits into her hands and then pushes her hair behind her ears. I see the bathroom light flick on and hear him calmly talking to her as he puts her in the shower...then I drop back into slumber.
2:30...the %&%*?%!!! neighbour's car alarm goes off. For one solid minute, outside our window. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. There are not enough swear words in the English language to describe that f**ker so I'll use some French ones. CALICE DE TABARNAK DE CRISS. There we are. That just about does it.
3:00...the %*?&#?@%!! cat decides to yak up a hairball AT THE FOOT OF OUR BED. I repeat all those French swear words. If I had some in Spanish or Russian, I'd toss those suckers in, too. I wipe, disinfect, curse.
3:30...my %?%&$*!!! alarm rings. And another glorious day begins.
And to make it all better...we kept poor Evita home from school today. She and I lay down for a nap and she immediately started complaining about her ear. We wound up sitting 4.5 hours at the hospital, surrounded by coughing, masked people (during a stage 5 almost-pandemic, according to the WHO) waiting for a prescription I could write myself, for an otitis media I could diagnose myself in about 30 seconds. Poor Eva was so incredibly stoic, quiet, sweet...my hero...even while tipping her head left and right to alleviate the pressure and pain. So proud of my girlie I could burst. Four hours is a looooong time to wait to see a doctor...and Eva was absolutely marvellous.
It's been a long day, and my cognac is lovely.
Off to spend a couple of minutes parked beside my hero husband in front of the TV.
Trolls sleeping..........for now.
Tonight will be better.
Parenting is the greatest job ever.
And the most exhausting.
Good night.
1 comment:
BLESS you.
Good Mom Award for you today.
ahhh, it all comes back to you in sweet rewards that you see clearer every day as they grow. Puttin' in the time and sweat now, for sure.
Post a Comment