1. Our cat just lost a mouse in the house. What an IDIOT.
Etienne and I were in the kitchen talking, when Coco came wheeling into the kitchen and ran for a corner...at which point we realized she had a mouse.
And then she lost the mouse.
Hilarity ensued as she chased it around for a while - and then it got away and raced under the piano in the living room.
Coco immediately started sweeping her paw under the piano but it didn't go far enough.
Etienne and I tried to help her out with extensible-type household utensils...and we were almost successful - we swept the little wretch out for just a moment, before it disappeared again beneath the piano.
We continued frantically sweeping.
Result:
Two markers
Two massive dust bunnies
One green block in the shape of a half-circle
One cap from a green marker (lost today)
One piece of odd multicoloured wax - melted crayon?
A couple of unidentified bits of paper
But no mouse.
I think it must have realized that it could go UP.
So...despite the fact that the girls had been in bed for an hour already...I began pounding scales on the piano...waiting for one key to ring silent...or at least to give a good plink and then a plunk as the mouse falls to the floor below.
NOTHING.
So now we have a mouse in the piano.
We have a peanut-buttery mousetrap beside the piano.
And we have a cat (who should be verrrry freaking embarrassed) parked by the piano.
DUDE...this is NOT what we pay you for.
2. Eva got her ears pierced last week.
She was ridonkulously brave, I thought...just marched right up and asked the lady to pierce her ears.
The woman told her that she could give her a freezing gel but it takes an hour to take effect.
Eva told the woman no thanks, just go for it.
So she did.
Eva chose her earrings (pink stars)...the woman drew dots on her earlobes...loaded up the little ear-piercing gun...then aimed and fired.
Between the two ears, Eva did breathlessly remark - in a tone suggesting mild hysteria - that IT HURT.
But she didn't cry.
Afterwards, I said, "I was SO PROUD of you...you even refused the freezing gel to make it hurt less!"
Eva whipped her head around with an audible crack and said,
"TO MAKE IT HURT LESS???"
Oops.
Next time, maybe we'll explain the process a BIT more clearly.
At least she'll know when she does her bellybutton, in ten years.
Off to bed. And yeah, I'll sleep just fine with a mouse in my piano.
A spider, on the other hand.....nope.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment