Addie has begun truly exerting her two year old self.
Remember that kid in The Exorcist? I'm sure I've made this comparison before.
Well, that kid was DAYCARE compared to Adele when she doesn't get her way.
Ad is a manager of mad. An administrator of anger. A goddess of grump.
Then, about a half-hour later, I was reading with Adele when she said, "NO MAMA. PAS PARLER". In English, that basically means SHUT UP.
Kid's got grump for DAYS.
Is this just "terrible twos", or is Adele more...mercurial...than most toddlers?
Oh, and the following is not about her grumples. Nooooo.
It's about her BOSSY.
Last night Addie announced at the dinner table, "I don't want Eva to talk". When no one really responded and Eva kept talking, Adele repeated it VERY LOUDLY AND EMPHATICALLY as though speaking to a table full of deaf people with mild intellectual challenges.
"I DON'T WANT EVA TO TALK!"
Nice.
Then, about a half-hour later, I was reading with Adele when she said, "NO MAMA. PAS PARLER". In English, that basically means SHUT UP.
(Yes, we are addressing this. Among other transgressions.)
Meanwhile, Adele has decided it's time to expedite her eventual move to a bed.
I've addressed my concerns (well, terror) about this, a post or two back.
We like having her in the cage at night.
SO.
As a compromise, we've started putting her into Eva's bed to fall asleep at night.
And for the time being, she doesn't seem to realize that SHE CAN GET OUT OF IT.
But it's still not easy.
Up until now, their bedtimes are staggered enough that Adele falls asleep in Eva's bed, then we move her into her crib so Eva can jump into bed.
Last, night, we made the mistake of moving Adele WHILE SHE WAS STILL AWAKE.
I am telling you, my arms are barely attached to their sockets.
The kid was PISSED.
I'm sure you heard the howls wherever you were. Glass broke, two towns over.
I think I have permanent hearing damage.
Which is okay, because Adele gives her (constant) directives so LOUDLY AND CLEARLY that I still get the gist.
Which is okay, because Adele gives her (constant) directives so LOUDLY AND CLEARLY that I still get the gist.
I live to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment