Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sleepover

Eva's best friend is sleeping over.

So far, they've eaten supper, danced to the Grease soundtrack, played dress up, and fought a vicious battle over the rules of chess (!)

Moments ago, Eva tore out of the bedroom all dudded up (with the fly of her pants down) and demanded, "do I look like a rock star now?"

Stifling a snort of laughter took every ounce of strength in my body.


Right now they're going through her friend's little overnight bag.

Along with her pyjamas and toothbrush, she brought along:

Six cough lozenges and a tub of Vapo-Rub
Two superbounce balls
A stuffed unicorn
A giant stuffed rat
(and my favourite)
A pumpkin wand that lights up and spins

I love having little girls.

2 comments:

Celine said...

You know what my favourite part of that story is? Dancing to the Grease soundtrack. Because I remember watching the MOVIE on television at my friend's house, on MY very first sleepover in Grade one! Circa 1982!

Louise said...

Socks - nope
Underwear - nope
Pumpkin wand that lights up and spins - definitely

That's so cute - only pack the essentials!