Friday, January 8, 2010

Drippy tipple

Addie seems to have finally stopped crapping in the tub (of course, now that I've recognized this fact, I'm sure she'll be quick to lay a log tonight).

At any rate, she seems to have replaced one terribly disgusting bathtime habit with another moderately less disgusting one.

My girl likes to drink the bathwater.
And I don't mean casually opening her mouth as we rinse her hair each night.

She attacks the bathwater like a 27-pound bailing bucket on a sinking rowboat on the Atlantic.

She'll fill plastic cups, shout "cheers!" and then down them in a loud gulp.
She'll line up shampoo-bottle lids like shooters along the side of the tub, then down them one-by-one like she's in a bar-room drinking competition.
She'll chug full-flow from a giant plastic pitcher we normally reserve for hair-washing.

I've asked/told/cajoled/pleaded with her to stop.

I've told her bathwater is basically poop soup.

She giggles and gleefully pounds back another.

Here she is, enjoying a recent vintage.

Bottoms up!




No comments: