I forgot my dad's birthday.
Again.
Every year, I remember a few days after the fact. Every. Freaking. Year.
My dad is one of the kindest, most principled people I know. His integrity is indescribable, and he and my mum are always first in line to help their friends and family.
And I forgot his birthday.
Tomorrow, I'm going to send flowers and call.
But it's not the same.
I want him to know that I think he's amazing. That I can't begin to describe my fortune in being his daughter.
And I couldn't even remember his birthday.
Next year, I'll do better. He makes me want to do better, to aspire to what he is.
I love my dad.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
I know you do. I once told somebody that they would really know when I felt completely comfortable with them. It would be when I started arriving late to appointments with them. It's the nature of the beast, love, to know that no matter what, they will love you still. And the nature of our imperfect humanity to take advantage of that, to be lazy with it. We all do it. I'll betcha he knows this even better than you and that he doesn't care two hoots. :-)
Post a Comment