She farted bubbles in the water with enough force to power the freaking Titanic.
So you can understand why we expedited the bathing process, and loaded her into her pyjamas with relative speed.
Farting with reckless abandon - at least on the part of Adder - is generally considered a good sign that something's coming down the pipe.
All was quiet until just before we were about to throw her in her cage - I mean, crib - for the night.
Etienne noticed the smell first...and hauled our girl off for a diaper change.
After a moment: "Kristy! Come here!"
I went to Addie's bedroom, expecting a diaper blowout.
What awaited me was much, much more spectacular.
Me: "It's BLUE"
Etienne: "It's kind of green, I think"
Me: "I really think it's blue"
Adele (helpfully): "BOO?"
I swear, it was BLUE.
In fact, I have rarely seen such a lovely, delicate shade of ROBIN'S EGG BLUE.
I remember when I was little and our dogs would eat our mislaid crayons, and for days afterward, our lawn would look positively festive, festooned with a sprinkling of multicoloured waxy confetti.
But at least then, we knew what caused it.
I have no idea what the hell that kid ate, to shoot that alien colour into her diaper.
There has been no blue jello...no blue whales...no recent blueberries or dark grapes.
This is a child who survives on AIR most of the time.
Although I suppose she's 18 months old...and basically a 22-pound Hoover trawling the floor.
The felt from a marker???
Crayons???
Excuse me while I eat the sky.
2 comments:
Let me know if it becomes clear she has eaten a rainbow.
hahaha....wow, the mysteries of poop.
Nice on the clean bath though :-)
Post a Comment