Thursday, November 5, 2009

Time just flu by

1. Just got back from getting Addie her H1N1 vaccination. SO GLAD to get one kid done. Frustrated that Eva's group doesn't come up until DECEMBER 7th. At the risk of sounding over-dramatic, it feels kind of Sophie's Choice to vaccinate one and not the other. I know the risks of any serious complications are low...but I'd like to make them even lower by getting that kid vaccinated!!! Anyway. Adder's done and I'm relieved about that.

Her memory shocked me yesterday...I said, "tomorrow we're going to the doctor" (well, random health-care professional) and she said "DOCTOR. THAT PICKS!" and pointed to her arm. She'd had her regular series vaccinations two weeks ago at the doctor's office.

I said, "It picks just a little bit"

She shook her head violently. "NO. IT PICKS A LOT"

Nice set up, Mama Bear. Way to freak her out in advance. DUH.


2. Started pushing the vacuum around this morning and Adele wagged her finger at me and bellowed, "NO MAMA! NOT ON THE CARPET! IT'S SOFT!"

Um. Smart kid. The CARPET is the POINT.


3. Eva got another 12/12 on her weekly spelling/math test. She has gotten ONE answer wrong all year. I'm kind of blown away. She can't remember to put the top back on the toothpaste...keep her butt planted on her chair during meals...leave the piano alone in the mornings because we have neighbours...etc etc etc. In fact, she'd forget to breathe if it wasn't an automatic bodily function. But song lyrics or academic stuff? Once you jam it in there, it's there for life.


4. Eva stayed home from school yesterday...she's been a bit on the sick side and I just wanted a day with my girlie. We rented "Les Choristes" - a French movie also known as "The Chorus" or "The Chorale" or something like that in English. There's a class photo with a bunch of old-fashioned-looking grubby little schoolboys on the DVD cover.

I'd seen it before - but loved it all over again because she loved it so much.

Worth renting - even subtitled, it'd be awesome, if only for the music.

Okay off to put away the vacuum. Wouldn't want it accidentally touching the carpet.

1 comment:

Kulio said...

THANK you for the rental idea - we need a good one!

And staying home just because it feels right? You will never regret that. Good for you.

That picks! haha. too cute.

Stay healthy!