Cleaned out my purse today.
I love my purse.
It's an exorbitantly expensive leather jobby that Etienne bought me for Christmas one year. The leather is soft as buttah but it's HUGE and sturdy enough to haul an Austen Mini.
Which is pretty much what I had in it, when my disgust finally bubbled over and I attacked that sucker.
(Swallowing my shock and embarrassment)
Here's what I found:
-Two pens (only one of which worked)
-Three Kleenexes (only one of which was clean - I know, I know, GROSS)
-No less than thirty receipts - stashed conveniently in my bulging (with receipts) wallet
-Five stray Cheerios in various stages of crumble
-One metal water bottle, half-full (half empty? Nah, I'm a half-full kinda gal)
-A baggie with a portable container of applesauce...and a wee plastic red spoon (which had fled the baggie and was floating wildly free in my purse)
-A small tube of Dove hand cream (cheap and I like their advertising)
-A small tube of Purell (I'm a little OCD about the bacteria)
-A small bag of disinfectant wipes (Those restaurant highchair trays are DISGUSTING!!!)
-A small digital camera in a carrying case (you never know when the kids'll do something absurdly cute, like blink or breathe)
-A Clarins Colour Quench Lip balm in #15 (the shite drugstore didn't have Biotherm)
-A Burt's Bees Lip balm in papaya (supposedly fewer chemicals but the colour sucks and it tastes like crap)
-Coupons for taxis
-my work ID card on a handy dandy lanyard. Ugliest photo I have ever taken.
-three stray papers with unidentifiable phone numbers on them - oh so handy if I ever want to call...um...someone?
-two small empty plastic Tupperware containers, which held Trail Mix and chocolate chip cookies when I left for work this morning.
-my cel phone (which I can never find because it's always hiding under everything else I've listed thus far)
HEY! I FOUND MY CEL PHONE!!!
I swear it felt like I'd pulled a freaking PIANO out of that bag and left it by the side of the road.
SO much lighter.
SO much cleaner.
SO much less embarrassing when I have to search for something.
It's a good day.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
You inspired me...
Here's what I found:
-one very heavy make-up case that could solve any disfigurement and sometimes does.
-one pack of triple a batteries for my difital recorder
-one digital recorder to record politicians
-one ipod
-one wallet with little money
-one mini umbrella that cost me 30 dollars but is really really mini
-one camera because you never know when politicians will do something like blink or breathe.
-2 pairs of sunglasses, because one always breaks
-one ziploc (the pathetic gal's pencil case) full of pens and hi-lighters
-one pack of gum
-one pad of paper featuring the face of Don Newman...who doesn't love that.
Miss ya.
Post a Comment