Today while supper cooked...(cod au gratin, white/brown steamed rice, steamed baby carrots and zucchini, and spaghetti squash with a sprinkle of brown sugar)...I got down on the floor with Eva.
She had spread out her Polly Pockets all over the place, and I had some time (which is rare around suppertime) so I wanted to play with her.
She humoured me for about 30 seconds before finally sighing heavily and saying, "Can I play alone now, Mama?"
Me: blink blink
DID I HEAR THAT CORRECTLY???
WAS I JUST SUMMARILY DISMISSED BY MY FIVE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER???
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what happened, Mama Bear.
Remember that scene in Braveheart? The one at the end where Mel Gibson is slowly eviscerated and he howls in agony??
That's pretty much how I felt.
Soon afterward, Addie added further fuel to the "my child is rejecting me" fire by staggering out of her bath, stomping naked into the kitchen, and PEEING ALL OVER THE FLOOR AT MY FEET.
Little maggots.
I'm off to nurse my wounds in the tub.
At least for once, Addie had the sense to hold her bodily functions back until she was out of it.
Perhaps she's learning.
Although personally, I suspect she's just expanding her "SCREW YOU, MAMA" repertoire.
Tomorrow, they both get ROCKS for breakfast.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment