Thursday, October 9, 2008

These poor people

1. We are home. It feels good. Saw my mum and dad and all is right with the world.

2. The girls were great on the plane - easier than I expected. We ate nearly everything I packed for lunch plus some Timatin (or whatever they're called) morning fatfest sandwiches. Good stuff. Addie slept about an hour and a half between Toronto and here...WAY TO GO, KID! And Eva drew and drew and drew and Kung Fu Pandaed.

3. Amazing arriving at the airport here and seeing two dear friends waiting with my dad to pick us up. I hadn't expected them. These are women I've known since I was just a single digit old. They are intelligent, strong, and beautiful...it made my heart sing to see them. So grateful to know them.

4. Eva was shocked to find out that my parents have more than one car.

Me: "That's because they don't have a subway here".

Eva: "NO SUBWAY??? HOW RUDE, those people who built this city. They didn't even think to put in a SUBWAY???"

Stops to pump a fistful of Froot Loops into her mouth.

Eva, with all the sympathy a five-year-old can muster: "These POOR PEOPLE. They don't even have a SUBWAY".

1 comment:

Kulio said...

smiles....we rode a subway while visiting Seattle - the coolest city ever! So she's absolutely right. :-)