2. Tonight I dis-assembled (is that a word?) the highchair and cleaned out all its innards. I now think Addie must eat less than nothing because she is clearly hiding every scrap of food under her ass. Remember that Mr. Bean episode where he hides the steak tartare in every nook and cranny of the restaurant? And then blames the dude sitting beside him? That's my daughter. No wonder the kid's shaped like a Brazilian supermodel. Oooh, I JUST ATE A PEA AND I'M SO FULL!!!
3. Eva WILL NOT go to bed and just go to sleep. "I'm hot with the covers up and cold with the covers off". Every night. Every freaking night. I swear that kid is either pregnant or menopausal.
4. Tomorrow is Adder's flu shot booster shot. I hate holding my baby down while someone jabs her with a needle. Eva's totally stoic...she always has been, when it comes to medical stuff - really my little hero - sticks her arm out and demands a sticker afterwards. But Adder flails and drools and screams louder than a showering Janet Leigh. Some parts of motherhood really suck donkey.
5. Went to a movie today with Etienne. We're off this week and spending the time going to movies (and holding down our children while strangers stab them with sharp objects filled with dead viruses). It's been a while since we've actually been to a movie in a theatre. When the hell did they stop making those moving pitcher stories in black and white, and start making them IN COLOUR? And who is this young Brad Pitt feller?
Benjamin Button was okay. I found it long...and at the end when he turns into a baby and finally checks out, it made me think I should cry but didn't quite get me there. I hate to say it but I thought Brad Pitt as an old man was laughably bad, although he got better as his character morphed closer to his real-life age. Cate Blanchett is LUMINOUS and totally my girl crush. They should give her an Oscar every year, just for showing up for work. Tomorrow Etienne and I are going to Valse Bashir. Or Waltz with Bashir. Or something like that. Oh yeah.
6. The last prickly remnant of Christmas is now lounging in the back yard, waiting for tomorrow's "COLLECTE DES ARBRES DE NOEL". It made me a little sad to sweep up the six TRILLION AND I DO MEAN TRILLION WITH A "TR" little needles that exploded throughout my home as the tree was forced through the back door. Bye, tree. Thanks for growing for five years so we could chop you down, hang stuff on you, and enjoy you for three weeks. Have fun reliving the end of Fargo.
7. I got a bit misty wrapping up the two little stocking ornaments with the girls' photos on them, made at school and daycare. Flashing forward 15 years to me unwrapping those ornaments and hanging them on the tree, excited because the girls will be coming home soon for Christmas.
This ride goes too damned fast.
Off to have some oatmeal before bed.
Here's the recipe:
===============================
Fudge drop cookies
2 cups sugar
6tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup margarine (I use butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-In a medium saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring the whole time.
-Take off heat and stir in the vanilla. Add rolled oats and coconut and mix. Drop by tablespoonfuls on baking sheets lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for about an hour...I store them in the fridge but they won't die at room temperature, either.
2 comments:
Oh, lovely...I want to go to a movie. I always demand the largest size of buttered popcorn available, and I never share.
Shots! Twin girl once kicked a nurse in the stomach. The other three watched in awed horror, having calmly received their shots.
That's twice now I've read something referring to Fargo...but I've never seen it. Hmm, a sign.
as soon as I read the words fudge, coconut and oatmeal, I had the hardest time focusing on the text, wishing too badly there would be a recipe at the end.. so when I saw it, I went back to read again, with my mind now at peace, knowing I it was there.. thanks kristy!
Post a Comment