But I admit, I still wasn't quite ready for what Eva said to me while soaking in the tub last night.
The question I've been dreading since September, knowing that once this snowball starts rolling, it'll swallow us all.
"MAMA...WHAT'S HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL?"
Although it came out as "Mama, what's I School Musical?"
My daughter goes to a French school, so the kids there pronounce "High" without the "H".
I said, "Um...I don't know that much about it. Do all the kids know about it?"
Eva: "Not all. Some do"
And we left it at that.
But it's coming. I know it's coming.
My parents bought her a little black hoodie for her birthday last year that she wears all the time. It has High School Musical on it and she adores it because it has metallic writing and sparkly pink cuteness.
I still haven't told her what exactly it says on the front.
She hasn't asked. And she hasn't been enterprising enough to read it herself.
But she will.
Heavy, soul-sucking sigh.
I'm sure my parents felt the same way when I discovered Corey Hart.
The only difference...
COREY HART WAS WAY COOL.
3 comments:
NO. Corey Hart WAS THE COOLEST.
And he was going to marry me and we were going to wear sunglasses.
so I can, so I cannnnnn!!!!
hmmm what's high school musical??
Post a Comment