Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sorry

To my faithful readers (hi, Mom!) I just want to say sorry...I've been nutso busy.

Two great friends from back home were kind enough to drop from the skies for a visit...and I spent so much time having fun that I haven't written anything.

And now I, too, am heading home...back to the golden wheatfields of my youth...although now that I think about it, I'm guessing harvest is over and it's all just a mass of baked brown fields.  I always picture fall as idyllic but now that I think about it, Saskatchewan autumns are basically one month of standing in a wind tunnel, followed by a giant dump of snow.  

At any rate, thrilled to head home with my girlies to see my family for Thanksgiving.  

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the flight...between my own terror and having to control Adele, it's going to be a rough ride.   Anyone want to bet on how many times she'll streak down the aisle with her thumb in her mouth, grumbling about the food?  Or arch her back with an audible snap and enough force to bend steel, to escape my evil clutches during takeoff and landing?    

At least Eva's an old pro at this travel thing.  She'll draw, play with Polly Pockets, and giddily snack her way across three states and four provinces.

Will update asap...think low turbulence and gentle landing thoughts for me.

2 comments:

Kulio said...

Benadryl.
Sleepytime.
:-)
or a little whisky.

And maybe something for the baby. :-)

It will go well!

Michelle said...

Yes. Would love to SEE YOU. I'm thinking I might know who came to visit. (?)
Interesting response to my blog - we have much to chat about.
Lesley and I are hanging and she's staying over tonight. If I knew what time your plane got in, I'd be there to greet you tomorrow.
I may just call.
M.