It looks like I don't have to pay back the money.
They gonna let dis one sliiiiide.
I can not begin to explain the relief.
I had been thinking of ways to explain to Eva that working in a sweatshop is kind of like being in school...that assembling dolls is kind of like playing with them...that sewing logos on brand name pants is kind of like wearing them. Looking for ways to explain that living in a one bedroom unheated apartment under an overpass and scrounging the streets for thrown-out food is kind of a way of family BONDING...and it's good for the environment, too!
But looks like life will continue along normally...which, after the scare we had, is so extraordinarily wonderful, I can't begin to describe it.
IN the "OTHER" category....went to a wedding on the weekend. Left the girls at a friend's house...which clearly illustrated how different my trolls are.
Eva gave me tons of kisses and ran behind the car like a crazed farm dog. She practically had to be restrained by the babysitters.
Addie, meanwhile, didn't even look back when I handed her over. Part of me is delighted that she has no separation issues; that I can leave her and know she will be fine and happy. But a little piece of me feels like, I AM YOUR MOTHER, YOU LITTLE MAGGOT. I AM THE AUTOMATED TELLER OF YOUR FUTURE AND YOU CAN START SAYING THANK YOU BY CARING WHEN I PUT YOU IN THE ARMS OF SOMEONE YOU'VE KNOWN FOR TWO HOURS.
She hit the nail home by being happy as a clam, sleeping and eating like a champion, and even busting out the word "lait" - for the first time - in our absence.
Thanks, kid.
You know that cash you want for those shoes in grade nine? The ones EVERYONE wants and you HAVE to have? FUHGEDDABOUTIT. Even though it looks like I will indeed actually have the cash now, thanks to some kindly soul at the Parental Insurance Board.
Insert evil laugh here.
LOVE MAMA
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment