Thursday, August 21, 2008

Daddy doing double duty

I have to leave for a two day retreat to prep for relaunch of the show.
It'll be fun, but leaving my little family is so darned hard!

Hopefully my colleagues aren't offended when I crawl under the table, sweeping up their crumbs. Or when I helpfully cut their meat into pea-sized pieces. Or when I incessantly repeat my mealtime mantra, SIT ON YOUR BUM AND FACE YOUR FOOD. YES, YOU HAVE TO EAT THE GREEN ONES. I SAID SIT ON YOUR BUM AND FACE YOUR FOOD. YOUR DESSERT IS RIDING ON THIS. YOU DROP THAT ON THE FLOOR AND I SWEAR YOU WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER MEAL IN THIS HOUSE AS LONG AS WE BOTH SHALL LIVE. FOR THE LAST TIME, SIT ON YOUR BUM AND FACE YOUR FOOD. YOU'RE KILLING ME, EVA. KILLING ME DEAD.

What am I going to DO during my meals, for the next two days???
Have adult conversations and quietly enjoy the food?
SAY WHA???

I miss them desperately, already.

No comments: