Today, she broke out in a spectacular lacy pink pattern all over her body. And it is indeed spectacular. Started a bit on her face...really light this morning. Part of me figured it was just a minor skin rash because she's teething and is drooling her body weight every half hour. Also my view on childhood illness is...NO FEVER, NO STAY HOME. By the time we picked her up at daycare in the afternoon, there was still no fever but her entire body was spotted pink.
I'm pretty sure that it's a reaction to the MMR shot. I read a bit on the internet about MMR reactions, so I'm fairly certain that's what it is. I must admit, it's a total pain sorting through all the anti-vax crap. Some scary stories out there and while I KNOW they're written by the ill-informed, it's hard to ignore sometimes when your child is clearly having some sort of reaction.
Anyway, we're keeping an eye on her.
Eva, meanwhile, is farting fire. Last night she and her papa went camping at Orford and had a blast. Addie and I were on our own and I couldn't believe how QUIET the house was. Unless Eva is sleeping, our house knows no more than 2.3 seconds of consecutive silence at a time. So let me tell you, getting a call this morning that started, "HI MOMMY!!!" pretty much MADE MY DAY.
She described her day but the MAIN EVENT...the EVENT that she COULDN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT...she ate seven marshmallows!!!! SEVEN!!!! She said it like it was SO MUCH. Personally I think seven shows remarkable restraint. Seven is a marshmallow appetizer for me, particularly when my ass is parked in a lawnchair in front of a campfire. Seven. Pfffft. Grasshopper.
Tomorrow - unless her rash explodes - Adder will go to the g'rents in Sainte Julie. Eva is staying at her aunt Isabelle's in Orford...and Etienne and I are actually taking time for OURSELVES. Chillin like villains and then going for a lovely dinner at a sweet little bistro in Outremont.
Can't wait.
1 comment:
Book club at my blog for "The New Moon's Arms" - we're expecting you.
M.
Post a Comment