Eva came with me on the bus this morning and we walked hand-in-hand through the Village, on our way to work.
Going through the Village is always fodder for interesting coversations: "Gee, people on this street sure like rainbows!"..."Why are the two naked men on that poster soaping each other in the shower?"..."Why is that man dressed up like a woman?" That sort of thing.
1. Today in the Village we wandered along and came across a rumpled woman with wild hair and even wilder eyes. She'd clearly been out all night, and shrieked when she saw us.
Woman: "HEY! Make sure you don't forget who you are!"
Me: "Okay...don't worry, I won't"
Woman: "I'm sure you won't. You know, you should try INVISIBILITY."
Me: "Maybe I will"
Woman: "I'm sure you will. Soon you won't have a CHOICE"
This sort of interaction always throws me a little. I mean, I know she's a crazy lady whom life has kicked in the head once too many times. But admittedly, there's a teeny weeny piece of me that kind of wonders, WHAT DO YOU KNOW, LADY? I know that's crazy. But if I suddenly disappear, you'll know who called it.
2. Arriving at the cafeteria at work, Eva said, "why are they renovating? It was so beautiful before". Must remember to make appointment to GET EVA'S EYES CHECKED.
3. Sore back tooth. Radiating up to my eye socket. This is not good. Should perhaps also make appointment with dentist...it's been shockingly long since I last saw one. I worry they'll just look inside and say, "ALL THESE SUCKERS GOTTA COME OUT" and fire up the chainsaw. Perhaps I should deal with this before I have to start enunciating for a living again, instead of just waving my arms and throwing things at people.
That is all.
As you were.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago
1 comment:
I've seen that cafeteria.
I agree with Eva.
It is beautiful.
In a 1970s sorta way.
Post a Comment